Monday, July 20, 2009

22 months and going

It's been awhile since I blogged and I think that is a good thing. Too busy enjoying the girls! The girls are doing great; they both have a spoken vocabulary of over 175 words, behave well in public (most of the time), and I am enjoying taking them to places and doing things with them. I feel like a little bit of my freedom has been restored!

Just one unpleasent development has surfaced: tantrums. They both do the crying thing; E usually cries out for something (we don't give it to her when she is like that, of course) and P runs away somewhere and has her trantrum. E's can last 20 minutes with intense crying. P's are more frequent and usually tied to frustration, but shorter. My husband has her trained so if you tell her that, "If you want help just say please help" and then she stops crying and says, "please help." Haven't tried that yet, but sounds promising. What calms E down?....no consistent positive results right now. Ignoring them seems to work...as in, eventually it will stop.

Once I picked them up from daycare and E had been going on for 20 minutes. The daycare provider, L, advised me to just put them in the car and put her back in bed, but when I picked her up she calmed down after a few minutes and started behaving again. I don't know why that worked when all other times she just twists and cries.

Through all the tantrums I hold on to what other multiples moms have been telling me.."It gets better when they are three." Only 14 months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment