Friday, January 16, 2009

Status Update

Update on the results of the counselor's suggestions:

The putting one twin in a playard while I only had to feed one of them didn't work out because they are both hungry at the same time! Plus, it would have the same problem as I had when feeding them as infants; feeding becomes a timesuck.

Keeping one by the car while I put one in the carseat. Its a hit or miss, but so far I either body block them or I just put them in the car and tell them not to go too far.

Some things that are working out are: Having a basket for 5 days of the week to keep a variety of toys, having them clean up their toys before they go to bed, having them carry their bag from the daycare to the car, letting them help empty the dishwasher, and doing other things so they feel they are part of the process and that they have more control over things.

We fired the counselor, she helped with basic parenting tips, but she certainly does not understand twin stress. I tied explaining the guilt part, but she downplayed it and gave some analogies that were way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment